– Emerging technologies in the aviation sector will drive the aviation industry from the few crunches and inefficiencies that it has to a more significant future journey! The eNest aviation team has been a vital part in developing aviation-related technology, which is why the next step is to know what is next in aviation technology!
According to the ICAO report, “The total number of passengers carried on scheduled services rose to 4.5 billion in 2019, which is 3.6 percent higher than 2018.”
But according to another report by Statista, “In 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the number of scheduled passengers boarded by the global airline industry dropped to only 1.8 billion people. This represents a 60 percent loss in global air passenger traffic.”
The above statistics indicate, till 2019, there was a spike in the aviation industry which saw an immediate landing on the runway for half of 2020. In the last 30 years, the aviation industry has experienced a great deal of being centric to the ripple effect of digital and technology waves to being in the turbulent zone due to the outbreak of Covid-19.
The aviation industry is likely to undergo more turbulence as technological and innovation advancements are likely to unfurl, as predicted for the next 30 years.
According to a SITA Air Transport IT Insights survey, a progressive sentiment regarding blockchain in aviation has already firmly held the ground. By 2022, it is being estimated that around 72% of airlines will be in the blockchain investment stage. Whereas 15% is being evaluated to be in the significant program stage, about 57% will be in the R&D stage.
Benefits of Blockchain in Aviation :-
Blockchain in aviation can also enhance identity of passenger & crew by their protecting identity.
Blockchain being immutable can offer transparent tracking of luggage, shipment & cargo.
- Rigorous Tracking: Blockchain in the aviation industry can reduce inter-dependence on third-party sources for tracking the status of luggage, cargo, and other shipments. The immutable system will integrate a transparent tracking system.
- Streamlining account and payments: Another added advantage to the system would be that the accounting and payment system could be streamlined. Blockchain will permit a better space to collaborate for airlines, travel agents, and others to deliver the services efficiently. Blockchain can automate the settlement process, the booking process and move the operations towards real-time, transparent, and low-cost.
- Managing ground operations and departures: An improvised structure could be put in place to capture real-time data for tracking could be used. Blockchain can simplify the ground operations and can present in real-time the source of delay if any.
- Crew and Passenger Identification Management: Blockchain in aviation could enhance the inner-management experience by protecting the passenger and crew privacy by doing away with physical IDs.
Uses of Augmented Reality at Airport :-
|S.no.||AIRPORT||SECTOR OF AR USE||USE CASES|
|1.||Gatwick Airport||Passenger Navigation||It helps the passenger to navigate through the complex airport structure.|
|2.||London City Airport||Air Traffic Controller||Directs the airplane regarding air traffic and ensures safety.|
|3.||Changi Airport||Ground Services||It helps in directing the ramp handling services and other aircraft ground services.|
Benefits of Augmented Reality in Aviation :-
Airlines Cruise Phase
Airlines have been pushing towards contactless technology to provide passengers with an exclusive experience. Up-gradation for a better flight experience has now focused on the following models – inflight entertainment (IFE) and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
Pipeline: Contactless Technology in Aviation :-
|Airlines and Airports||Contactless Solutions|
||Contactless, end-to-end airport experience is in the pipeline.|
||Touchless check-ins are in the pipeline for these airports and airlines.|
||Hudson is integrating contactless retail stores – “Amazon’s Just Walk Out Technology” stores at North America’s airports.|
Artificial Intelligence in aviation can elevate speed and efficiency and decrease the workload. The aviation industry could get augmented, and complex problems of the supply chain, customer experience, prognostic tools could be solved.
Artificial Intelligence in aviation has extensive use cases like time series analysis to language processing until decision-making; everything can be governed by artificial intelligence in the future.
Pipeline: Artificial Intelligence in Aviation :-
As a response to Covid-19, the aviation industry is planning to develop artificial intelligence on data analytics. Under this innovation, the industries trying:
- To build a way to analyze traffic.
- Switching from bigger to smaller aircraft.
- Create a correlation through AI between traffic on restriction.
- The incorporation of artificial intelligence in aviation has begun in autopilot mode as well. Future flights with artificial intelligence integration are likely to have no pilots at all. The passengers will have to select the destination airport only.
At eNest, our world-class IT staff customizes technologies to produce result-oriented software for various industries. Our team of software developers has worked extensively in creating products for the aviation sector as well. At eNest, our expert IT developers have an extensive portfolio with innovative technological development in the aviation sector, which is why the emerging technologies in this sector foster our interest.
- In the aviation industry, planning a whole flight and trip is one of the most pivotal aspects. Flight planning and trip planning are multidisciplinary streams, requiring the development of an extensive network where online flight planning could be done with utmost accuracy and speed. This discipline required our professional IT software developers to integrate a system in place that estimates and provides an analysis of the following:
- Runway analysis
- Fuel-burning estimation
- Weight and balance
- Ground services
- Quantitative details of crew and passengers, so on and so forth.
- Another crucial product in the aviation industry that the eNest’s aviation team worked on was integrating the database, which connected worldwide airports, ICO details, country, city, longitude, latitude, time zone details, basically, it was an integration of the geography feature.
- The eNest aviation team worked on multiple integrations for the aviation industry, amongst which the latest was to detect the security level or threat level of the area.
eNest’s work in developing customized technologies and customized software in the aviation industry has been comprehensive and far-reaching, so now eNest is all the more interested in the new technologies that are likely to be the bridging or booming factor for the aviation industry!